The Very Hungry Tummy

Oats Laddoo

"Muesli" my cereal. I love it. That's why I have bought 1kg packet and started eating it daily in my breakfast. I have been eating it daily and I am bored of it for now....phew...I have not finished even half of it. So I started thinking what else can do with my cereal..... Wow that is not a bad idea. A laddoo......... just like ravaladdoo. With a variation. Jaggery instead of sugar, a healthier option and some fingermillet flour(ragi flour), also some milk for binding the ingredients together.
The healthiest snack I have ever prepared is ready. If you want to pamper yourself just dip them in chocolate and cool them before storing.
Is the word "pamper" correct in this context? I mean spoil urself with chocolate.
Any way I am not pampering myself.




Ingredients:


Muesli /(oats + raisins + your favourite nuts) 3 cups
Jaggery /sugar 1 to 1 +1/2 cup
Fingermillet flour(ragi flour) 1/2 cup
Milk 1/4th cup to 1/2 cup
elachi powder 1/2 tspoon
ghee/butter/oil 2 tbspns


Method:

  1. Roast the cereal in the greased pan on a low heat till it smells good.
  2. Add the fingermillet flour roast for a minute.
  3. Add the jaggery to it.
  4. Keep stirring till it melts.
  5. If u feel the moisture in it is not enough for making laddoo/ball then u can add enough milk. Make sure u do not add too much milk and making it halwa.
  6. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool untill it is hot enough to handle, and make laddoos or patties.

enjoy.